- The Japan Fashion Week Witnesses an Asian InfluencePosted 17 days ago
- Miuccia Prada Substantiates the High Pricing of Prada DesignsPosted 17 days ago
- Is RiRi the New Face for the Chanel Line of Accessories?Posted 17 days ago
- Diesel celebrates its new collaboration in grand stylePosted 24 days ago
- The new trendsetter: Kate Spade SaturdayPosted 24 days ago
- The exhilarating Nashville Fashion WeekPosted 26 days ago
- Fashion week selecting the Budding DesignersPosted 29 days ago
- AVI’s fashion arm aids its overall revenue growthPosted 50 days ago
- Aftershock London to venture on International scalePosted 52 days ago
- Lufian eyes UAE fashion field with 3 outlets in five monthsPosted 53 days ago
New York Prepares for Menswear Fashion Week
With the huge success of the men’s fashion event London Collections: Men that was truly one of the best and biggest show of the last year, New York is all geared up to stage a fashion week that is completely dedicated to men’s fashion.
At present, New York is the only fashion-fancy capital that doesn’t host a show for standalone menswear and presents its men’s collections at the bi-annual shows for women’s wear, reported vogue.co.uk.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) is working on the engines to make the show a success and is currently holding talks with many fashion magazine editors, fashion designers. The council is also in touch with the renowned production and publicity agency for fashion shows – KCD.
CFDA CEO Steven Kolb said that many people from the fashion industry have in the past actually talked about the importance of launching an event dedicated to men’s fashion in New York and the efforts of some people in the recent past is now turning fruitful.
“We are looking at the potential of a men’s week and how that might fit into the global men’s calendar,” he added.
According to the rumors the event could start as early as summer this year.