Useful Instructions on How to Wear a Saree for Beginners
Saree draping is a systematic layering and pleating process mastered by practice and patience. For beginners, this may seem like an arduous task, but once you get the hang of it, you will find it not so difficult and you will love it too.
There are different variations of draping a saree in India, but even the most basic and simple style can look elegant on you. So don’t worry about going the extra mile to nail the newest, complicated style. It’s better to stick to the basics first. Here are some helpful guidelines on how to wear a saree for beginners.
Choosing the saree
If you are a beginner, it would be wise to choose a plain, lightweight saree for easy handling. Also, cotton saree tends to be tricky to drape, so go with chiffon or georgette material as they are easier to handle and they also hold form.
Make sure that you have a well-fitted, matching blouse for your chosen saree. A petticoat or a long underskirt is necessary for tucking in the pleats and holding the saree. Its color must match with that of the saree. If the saree is multicolored, you have to choose the petticoat’s color which matches with that of saree’s lower half. You will need lots of safety pins to secure different points.
Instructions on how to wear a saree
- Hold one end of the saree which is not the pallu and check that the design on the saree is outwards. Also, the fall which is stitched along the bottom part of the saree should be down, which ensures that you are holding your saree the right way.
- Hold the saree slightly above the floor, just touching your toes and tuck-in an arm’s length of it towards the left side of your petticoat.
- Now bring the saree from the back to the front where you started tucking and do another round of covering from front to back and back to where you started and gather all of the saree and throw it over your left shoulder.
- Tuck a little bit of the middle layer inside the petticoat, to hold it while you do the pallu.
- Gather the saree from the shoulder and hold the end part the saree upright in your hand first. Holding one end of the pallu between the thumb and index finger, make a fold and repeat this till you make at least four complete pleats. This is the complex part which needs coordination, determining whether design is outwards while folding and ensuring that the pleats are uniform. With someone’s help, you may understand this better.
- Once you are done with the pallu, secure it with a pin slightly towards the back of your shoulder, so that the pleats don’t keep falling as you move about.
- Now, holding the first pleat of the saree in the front from the pallu, pull it close as you gather it towards the left side from the right and back and pin it tight to the petticoat.
- Next, take the middle layer which you have simply wrapped around yourself and hold one end of it with left hand and the other with right. To make pleats, you may start from left side or the right side as convenient to you. You have to stretch the fabric between your thumb and index finger and fold the fabric. Do this back and forth to make the pleats and hold them firmly at the same time. This is a tricky part which needs practice and guidance. You may make about 5-6 folds.
- Next, tuck-in the pleats into the petticoat at the centre, while holding them together and pin them from the inside of petticoat to keep them firm and neat.
- Now, you may tuck the inner layer of the saree which you have first wrapped around, inside the petticoat and adjust it according to your convenience.
- You are done with saree draping here.
How to Wear White Dress in Summer Parties
These days White-themed parties are all in. But you don’t know what to wear to these parties; then you are in the right place.
There are plenty of sophisticated white party outfits for women in this post, from fabulous cocktail dresses to jumpsuits, blazers, and more. Let’s have a look at all of them!
Crochet Beach Dress
A white crochet beach dress is the best choice for a casual daytime party. You can glam up the look with some studded pair of sandals.
White Maxi Dress
Try a white maxi dress with a deep slit if you need something a little more formal. It can be a wrap design that flatters most body types and choose a lined textured material, so it’s not see-through, despite its lightness.
White Lace Dress
Wear a white lace dress with gorgeous tail detail. Try adding some flowy feel to the dress. It will help you to create the goddess look.
In summers wearing a backless white dress can be the best option. The length can be your choice.
Wear a white bralette dress or a white bralette with a flowy skirt, and it will be perfect for you to wear on those hot summers.
Full Sleeved Bodycon Dress
If it’s a cocktail party, then go for a solid white full-sleeved bodycon dress with some backless detail.
White Blazer with wide-legged pants
Wear a white blazer with wide-legged pants and slip with some black or nude heels for those corporate or business parties.
White Sequin Dress
Wear a white sequined dress with some metallic heels to add an entirely different look to those parties.
With some peplum detail or slip or off-shoulder, a solid white jumpsuit will always look great for parties with golden accessories.
I hope these options will look great, and you can rock the summer parties with one of the white dress options.
How To Wear Combat Boots with Jeans
Winters, jeans, and combat boots are like the perfect combination now! Jeans and combat boots can glam up your look instantly. Are you thinking about how to style these combat boots and jeans together? Then you are in the right place. We have some quick fashion tips that can save you from spending hours in front of your wardrobe or browsing through different videos.
Quick Fashion Tips To Style Combat Boots With Jeans
Styling your combat boots with jeans is not very tough. Celebrities, influencers, and fashionistas are all rocking this look. Depending on the jeans you want to wear with your combat boots, styling them will be a different ball game altogether.
Tuck The Jeans or No Tucking?
It depends on the length of the jeans. You can tuck your jeans in from ankle length to longer slender or slim straight leg jeans. This will not be practical or attractive if your jeans are wide-legged or flared since the cuff will unroll and look floppy.
Tucking cropped jeans in is not an option unless your combat boots are more than an inch higher than your ankles!
Pairing Skinny Jeans with Combat Boots
It’s a terrific look to wear traditional skinny jeans with combat boots, especially if they’re high-waisted ones. If your slim jeans are ankle-length or longer, you can wear them with one of four boot styles:
- Put your combat boots over top of your pants and tuck them in.
- Allow them to bunch up or rest on top of the boots.
- Create a cuff look above or at the boot shaft by rolling up your jeans.
- Wear ankle socks over your jeans to show off your combat boots.
If your skinny jeans are cropped, you can throw on your combat boots and go! We recommend keeping a tiny gap between the end of the jeans and the top of the boot. Many people like to wear their jeans to the point where their combat boots begin, and that’s perfectly OK!
For higher waisted options, pair your combat boots with a cropped tee, tucked shirt, or bodysuit. If it’s cold outside, layer a midi-length cardigan and any jacket.
Pairing Straight Jeans with Combat Boots
Straight-leg jeans look excellent with combat boots, whether they’re slim or loose. They’re one of our top picks for combat boots with straight-leg jeans. If you wish to wear combat boots over them, your pants will be wide enough to pass over them merely.
You can roll up your jeans for a more casual look. Depending on the length, once or twice. A semi-tucked sweater or shirt will round out your style. You can layer it over anything from a moto jacket to a warm cardigan.
Pairing Wide-Legged Jeans With Combat Jeans
You must be thinking this is the most challenging part when wearing combat boots with jeans. But the truth is just the opposite. Wide leg jeans, unless they’re not too wide and have a straight leg, don’t cuff as well as straight leg jeans. Thus, this pairing becomes much easier. Longer wide-leg jeans will fall over and cover your combat boots in part. This is a popular style for Fall/Winter 2021/22!
Allow cropped wide-leg jeans to come to an end where they must. In any case, you’re good to go! Tuck a sweater into a bodysuit and layer with an army jacket or an oversized blazer for a casual look. Add a cross-body bag or a backpack to the mix.
These are just the style of jeans with which you can wear your combat boots. You can also style your combat boots with denim dresses, skirts, and even jeggings. We suggest you remember that denim and boots are an endless combination, so don’t worry much!