Whether you are a brunette or blonde, you require a hairstyle that matches the elegant attire that you carry to some occasion but it is a matter of concern if your hair is short. Don’t worry. Here are some of the short hairstyles for women that can make your day:
Pixie style is one of the most highly demanded haircuts in the fashion world today. This style is usually visible with a side part and the hair is cut in small steps that cover the forehead as they are combed to the side.
- Pompadour is another new trend that requires short hair that can be combed in a slanting puffed fashion towards the back and fixed with gel to maintain the stunning look.
- Bob haircut is for people who bear short hair but not very short one. Amongst all shorter hairstyles for women, this is the one that hasn’t lost its grace ever. This seems like blunt from the back, razor as it approaches the face and short hair entirely covering the forehead.
- The sleek hairstyles are also quite in demand with the front hair possessing a considerable length up to the lips and the back takes a blunt sort of style.
- For hair reaching up to the shoulders, a long bob would also do. Women with broader cheeks usually go for this one.
- The layered or razor cut from the middle with side parted hair looks astonishing and gives a trendy and smart look.
- One of the sexiest short hairstyles for women can be one with short hair above the forehead that is fixed with gel in the form of a mountain with neat edges.
- Razor with a wavy look also looks stunning when you are going out on a party and seems suitable for women with hair length up to the chin.
Teen Hairstyles in Trend
If you are a teenager, you would always want to look stylish and trendy. It is always a great idea to keep on switching up your styles and experiment new hairstyles suiting your entire look. For all the teenage girls and guys, curling, braiding, side buns, high buns, messy hairdos, straight hairstyles, half shaved EMO styles, punk haircuts etc are much in trend. Given below are some of the latest teen hairstyles.
- Side dutch braid: Teenage time is the best time to embrace and flaunt your curly, super long hair strands. Side dutch braid for girls is a latest hairstyle for the teen girls who want to pull a stylish look. Side dutch braid looks beautiful when it is curled.
- Triple braid hairdo: Another famous hairstyle that is adopted by most of the teen girls nowadays is triple braid hairdo. Unlike that chunky braid which looks more like the Bohemian braid, triple braid hairstyle is definitely one of the coolest hairdos of this year.
- Cute floral crown hair style: If you wish to experiment a flirty look with your long hair strands, make a floral crown hair style. This hairstyle is idle if you are planning to attend a small get together or any other special occasion.
- Knotted braid: A French style knotted braid looks so versatile on the teen girls that it can be worn and styled over and over again. You can even add a beautiful ribbon in a four stranded French braid to style a nifty look.
- Hippie hairstyle: Since “everything old remains gold”, hippie hairstyle for teen girls has marked a great comeback. The hippie hairstyle with a messy bun is embraced as a famous festival looks for all the youth girls.
- Twisted braid: If you have highlighted hair and you are looking forward to flaunt your hair strands, opt for the twisted braid hairstyle. Quite intricate in looks, this hairdo is simple and easy to wear.
- Cool messy bun: Fishtail combined with the messy bun is considered as the perfect look for the weekend getaways. For the teen girls, messy buns involve styling 3 braids instead of 4 and then forming a messy looking bun.
- Cute curly ponytail: The best way you can style your natural ponytail is to curl it. Bouncy curls inside the pony tail looks beautiful and given an appealing appearance.
- Triangle braid crown: This is another teen fashion hairstyle of this year. Added with a colorful tiara, this braid crown looks attractive.
8 Short Hairstyles the Celebrity Way
Short haircuts and hairstyles are easy to carry and elegant too. Here are 8 short hairstyles sported by A-listers and trendsetters who have a short mane:
1. Charlize Theron
Charlize and her famous pixie cut is a notch above the regular. For special occasions she styles her hair elegantly with pomade by running it through the hair using the tips of her fingers. This simple technique transforms the pixie into a simple yet elegant, textured hairdo.
2. Michelle Williams
Having made the pixie hair cut her signature style for years; Michelle Williams admits that she is now ready for a transformation. In this transition phase the growing-in look can get very awkward to manage. To prevent this hazard, Michelle has carefully planned to grow her bangs first. She keeps rest of the hair trimmed so that the growing bangs eventually equal out with the rest of the hair.
3. Alicia Keys
Short bob has been Alicia’s latest hairstyle. For special occasions, she styles her simple haircut by creating a deep side parting. To keep it in place, she adds some gel to the roots of the hair and smoothes it out carefully. This hairstyle is not only easy to achieve but looks sleek and elegant too.
4. Anne Hathaway
Now growing out of the pixie cut which Anne has been wearing for her movie Les Miserables, the hair seems a bit out of place sometimes. To make it right for occasions, Anne softens the cut with an imperfect side part. He keeps her fringes feathered such that they just graze above forehead.
5. Halle Berry
The cropped haircut of Halle Berry has been given a new twist with a windswept hairdo that adds extra length and height at the crown of the head. This makes the do look very dramatic and red carpet ready.
6. Ginnifer Goodwin
Ginnifer’s cropped cut is definitely the best styled mane in town. The cut suits the shape of her face and the length has been tactfully used to style it into red carpet hairstyle that surpasses all others. The little extra has been carefully curled to create a high street style that frames her face very well. Coupled with the makeup, the finished product was a stunning appearance.
7. Emma Watson
Making an elegant coif out of a growing-out pixie cut is an art in itself. Emma has achieved this by using pomade on her fingers and sweeping the hair all the way back. The style is not just simple but is elegant too.
8. Katherine Heigl
Short hair need not mean banishing the up do And Katherine displays just that. To begin with, Katherine has texturized her short hair into waves and then swept it all the way back securing it with pins wherever necessary. This prevents stray hair from grazing the sides and gives the look of a French twist to the style. The coif can be kept in place with the use of a strong hair spray.